Stephenstown House.

 

 

 

Stephenstown is located in the parish of Casteltown, Navan, on the Kells-Ardee road. Stephenstown House was a three-storey house, erected about 1760, with central flatroofed porch. The remains of an earlier two-storey house is at the south-west gable. There is a courtyard of two storey outbuildings dating from about 1800. Both house and outbuildings are now in poor condition. In 1836 Stephenstown House was described as a fine house occupied by Henry Owens and well sheltered by trees. In 1854 James Hughes was leasing Stephenstown House and 262 acres from Rev. William Barlow. In 1876 Jane McKeever was living at Stephenstown. In 1901 and 1911 James McKeever and his family were residing at Stephenstown. The house had nine rooms, ten windows to the front and fifteen outbuildings.

Copied from:

meath-roots.com