Castletown Kilpatrick.

The Parliamentary Gazetteer 0f Ireland 1844-1845 Vol.1.
Castletown Kilpatrick, a parish in the barony of Morgallion, 2 1/2 miles south south east of Nobber, and 8 north of Navan, co. Meath, Leinster. Length, westward, 3 miles; breadth, from 3 furlongs to 2 1/2 miles; area, 4,067 acres, 2 roods, 19 perches. Pop., in 1831, 1,211; in 1841, 1,075. Houses 174. The interior is traversed north eastward by the road from Kells to Ardee, and north north westward by that from Dublin to Clones. The mansions are Stephenstown, Cornacog, Castletown, and Rahood, the last the seat of Richard Cruise, Esq.
The hamlet of Castletown Kilpatrick stands on the south border of the parish. The dispensary of this place, and of Wilkinstown, is within the Navan Poor law union; and serves for a district of 20,500 acres, with a population of 6,544; and. in 1839-40, it expended £114 18s. 4d., and administered to 931 patients. Pop., in 1831, 65. This parish is part of the benefice of Drakestown, in the dio. of Meath. The church of the benefice is in Castletown Kilpatrick, and has an attendance of 40. The incumbent is non resident; and, in 1834, a curate, who was not regularly appointed, performed the parochial duties. The Roman Catholic chapel has an attendance of from 600 to 700; and, in the Roman Catholic parochial arrangement, is united to the chapel of Clongill. In 1834, the Protestants amounted to 7, and the Roman Catholics to 1,007; and a parochial school, which was aided with £5 a year, and other advantages from the rector, was attended by about 17 children.

Stephenstown House.

 

Stephenstown is located in the parish of Casteltown, Navan, on the Kells Ardee road. Stephenstown House was a three-storey house, erected about 1760, with central flatroofed porch. The remains of an earlier two storey house is at the south west gable. There is a courtyard of two storey outbuildings dating from about 1800. Both house and outbuildings are now in poor condition. In 1836 Stephenstown House was described as a fine house occupied by Henry Owens and well sheltered by trees. In 1854 James Hughes was leasing Stephenstown House and 262 acres from Rev. William Barlow. In 1876 Jane McKeever was living at Stephenstown. In 1901 and 1911 James McKeever and his family were residing at Stephenstown. The house had nine rooms, ten windows to the front and fifteen outbuildings.

Copied from:

meath-roots.com