Gernonstown.

The Parliamentary Gazetteer 0f Ireland 1844-1845 Vol.2.
GERNONSTOWN, a parish in the barony of Upper Slane, 2 miles west of the village of Slane, co. Meath, Leinster. Length, 2 1/2 miles; breadth, 2; area, 2,838 acres. Pop., in 1831, 925; in 1841, 963. Houses 154. The surface declines eastward to the Boyne; and is traversed by the road from Slane to Kells.This parish is a rectory, and part of the benefice of Stackallon, in the dio. of Meath. Tithe composition, £230 15s. 4d.; glebe, £23 5s. In 1834, the Protestants amounted to 25, and the Roman Catholics to 935; and a hedgeschool had on its books 25 boys and 15 girls.