Circular Road Connects Railway Street with the Inner Relief Road.
In the Library grounds at the back there is a spa well which was used for generations by Navan people for drinking water.
The Irish National Foresters Hall was at the front end of the Solstice Theatre and it extended out to the roundabout. It was demolished in the 1980s for road widening. On the same side of the road as the Solstice there were three houses and a shop.
One of the residents was Jim Smyth who won £50,000 in the Hospitals Sweepstakes in the 1950s.
In the early 1900s there were three private lending libraries in Navan, all in Trimgate Street. Murphy's was a branch of the Torch Library, Delaney's a branch of Argosy and Duffies a branch of Sundial.
In 1930 Meath County Council adopted the Library Acts which was optional for the Council. Mary Kate McNevin ( later Mrs. McGurl ) was appointed County Librarian. She served as County Librarian until 1966.
The Library service operated from the Banba Hall which had been the Boys National School.
The Banba Hall is on the right of Geraghtys Coalyard on the Fair Green. In the first year 5,200 books were issued. By 1942 the service had outgrown its home and the Library moved to where the Chamber of Commerce building is now at Church View. In 1967 space was again under pressure and at a County Council meeting in May 1967 Councillor Jimmy Tully proposed the building of a new Library. The site of the present library was bought from the Navan Urban District Council. Louis J. Brennan & Associates, Dublin were appointed architects. Cormac Murray, Ardsallagh was the successful tenderer and began work on 28th June 1972. The opening was performed by Jimmy Tully, Minister for Local Government on 19th March 1974, and Pat Daly was acting County Librarian It was the first purpose built library since the foundation of the state.
Mary Kate McGurl was followed by County Librarians Paddy White in 1966, Liam Smyth in1975, and Ciarán Mangan in 2000.