Mullaghmore alias Allerstown
Ordnance Survey Field Name Books of the County of Meath 1835 -36. Vol. 1.
Mullaghmore alias Allerstown Ardbraccan Parish
Mullach Mor, great summit.
Mullaghmore or Allerstown John O'Donovan.
Allerstown Survey and Valuation Report 1824.
Mullaghmore County Map.
This townland is situated in the south end of the parish.
It is bounded on the north by the townland of Ardbraccan.
It is bounded on the east by Boyerstown townland.
It is bounded on the south by the townland of Curraghtown.
It is bounded on the west by the parish of Churchtown and the townland of Irishtown.
It contains 189 acres 2 roods 27 perches, statute measure, and is all under cultivation. It is the property of the Rev. Joseph Preston of Ballinter. Agent, Patrick Clarke, Attorney, Dublin.
It is let under leases (which are nearly expired ) of 1 life or 31 years at the yearly rent of about 35 shillings per Irish acre; but the landlord raises or lowers the rent according to the goodness or badness of the times.
The soil is a strong yellow clay with limestone bottom, and produces per acre 7 barrels of wheat, 10 barrels of oats, or 80 barrels of potatoes. The tenants, who are all Roman Catholics, pay for their bog at the rate of from 10 shillings to 30 shillings per perch according to the quality of the bank. County Cess is 1 shilling and 2 pence per acre per half year.
The main roads from Ardbraccan and from Navan to Athboy pass through this townland.