Rathfeigh.
Rathfeigh, or Rathfayght, a parish in the barony of Skreen, 41/2 miles south south west of Duleek, co. Meath, Leinster. Length, southward, 24 miles; breadth, from 1 to 2 1/4; area, 2,887 acres, 3 roods, 25 perches. Pop., in 1831, 385; in 1841, 301. Houses 47.
The land is, in general, of an indifferent quality. The seats are Skerry hill, Woodland house, Dorea cottage, and Gilliamstown cottage. The hamlets are Rathfeigh and Edoxtown. The road from Duleek to Summerhill, and that from Slane to Dublin, intersect each other in the interior.
This parish is nominally a chapelry, but practically a rectory, and part of the benefice of Skreen, in the dio. of Meath. Tithe composition, £180; glebe, £5. The Roman Catholic chapel has an attendance of 450; and, in the Roman Catholic parochial arrangement, is united to the chapel of Skreen. In 1834, the Protestants amounted to 10, and the Roman Catholics to 387; and a hedge school had on its books 21 boys and 24 girls.
Source:
Irish Parliamentary Gazetteer 1845.

 

Rathfeigh House

The Bath family held Rathfeigh in medieval times. Sir W. Domville received a grant of the lands of Rathfeigh in 1668. In the 1600s Rathfeigh had one castle. In 1706 Oliver Bomford took a lease of the place for 76 years. His son, Laurence, lived at Rathfeigh in 1745. Rathfeigh House is marked and named on the 25 inch Ordnance survey map but is not named on the 6 inch maps. In 1902 architect Anthony Scott was commissioned to draw up plans for alterations and additions to Rathfeigh House.

Source: meath-roots.com