Ordnance Survey Field Name Books of the County of Meath 1835 - 36, Vol. 1.
Irishtown. Ardbraccan Parish.
Baile na nGaedheal, town of the Irish (tenants).
Irishtown John O'Donovan.
Irishtown County Map.
Irishton Inquiry temp. Jac. 1.
Irishtone Inquiry temp. Jac. 1.
Iristone Inquiry temp. Car. 1.
Irishtone Inquiry temp. Car. 1.
Irish towne Civil Survey 1654-56.
This townland is situated on the south west side of the parish.
It is bounded on the north by the townland of Ongenstown;
It is bounded on the east by the townlands of Ardbraccan and Mullaghmore alias Allerstown.
It is bounded on the south and west by the parish of Churchtown.
It contains 162 acres 1 rood 11 perches statute measure, and is all under cultivation. It is the property of Nicholas Coddington, Esquire of Oldbridge, near Drogheda. Agent, Henry Coddington, Esq., the son and heir of the proprietor.
The whole townland is let at £1 - 7 shillings and 6 pence per Irish acre. There are ony a few leases in the townland and they are for one life or 21 years. The soil is a yellow clay with limestone bottom, and produces per Irish acre 7 barrels of wheat, 9 barrels of oats, or 64 barrels of potatoes. The tenants pay from 20 shillings to 30 shillings per perch for their bog. The size of the farms is from 1 to 51 acres. Dung is the manure used. The tenants are all Roman Catholics.
The road from Navan to Athboy passes along the southside of the townland. The market attended is Navan, distant about 21/2 miles. County Cess is 1 shilling and 2 pence per acre per half year.