Navan Civil Parish
Ordnance Survey Field Name Book 1835-1836
An Odhbha, so called from Ova, the first wife of Heremon.
Navan John O'Donovan.
Inqs. temp. Eliz. Jac. 1 and Car. 1, Down Survey. Civil Survey, 1654-56.
This parish is situated in the barony of Lower Navan, and contains 3,344 acres, 3 roods,
statute measure, including 1 perch of the River Boyne.
It is bounded on the north by the parishes of Donaghmore and Liscartan.
It is bounded on the west by Ardbraccan parish.
It is bounded on the south by by Ardsallagh parish.
It is bounded on the east by the parishes of Athlumney and Kilcarn.
This parish is a rectory of the Diocese of Meath. The River Boyne forms its eastern boundary, and the Blackwater bounds it partly on the north and passes through a part of its northern land.
Note:- Very little information about this parish is supplied in the Name Books.
Abbeyland No. 2.
Abbeyland No. 3.
Ballagh or Boyne Hill.
Ballybatter or New Balreask.
Town and Town Parks of Navan.
G.T.W. Bordes, Lt. Royal Engineers. 10th January 1836.