Haystown and Little Carnuff


Ardmulchan Civil Parish.

Ordnance Survey Field Name Book 1836.

Baile Héigh -  Hay's town.
Carn Dubh - black cairn.

Haystown not Hayes: John O'Donovan.

Hayestown and Little Carnuff: Old Rates Docket.

Hayestown and Little Carnuff:  Survey and Valuation Report.

Carnuffe and Hyestowne: Down Survey.

Carnulfe: Down Survey Maps.

Hysetowne: Down Survey Maps.

Civil Survey 1654-1656.

" Propr. (proprietor ) Lord Netervill. Heysetowne. A Few Ash timber trees ( thereon ). Propr. James Alymer." 

This townland is situated in the south east of the parish. It is bounded on the north by Ardmulchan townland.


It is bounded on the east by the parish of Painestown.

It is bounded on the south by Brownstown parish.

It is bounded on the west by the townland of Kingstown and Great Carnuff and by Harristown townland.

It is about 3 miles eastwards from Navan.

It contains 1,005 acres 1 rood statute measure, and is the property of the Earl of Mayo.

Haystown Demesne, the seat of R. Bourke Esquire, is in the north of this townland. The road from Navan to Drogheda passes across the north west end of the townland and on the west boundary of the townland is a good bye road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Haystown Demesne.

Ordnance Survey Field Name Book 1836.

This demesne is situated in the centre of the townland of Haystown and Little Carnuff.

It is the seat of R. Bourke, Esquire. There is a good dwelling house, called Hay's House, with offices