The font, with its Romanesque designs would date it to the pre Norman period, and is older than the town itself.

Today it can be found in the Oratory of St. Patrick's Classical School Navan.

It  was once incorporated into the chapel of the De la Salle Brothers which was in an upper room in what was once the Colonel's house. This was when a military barracks was built on the site of the Abbey around 1700.


Photo © N&DHS

The pre Norman font from Navan Abbey