Ordnance Survey Fied Name Book 1836
Ardmulchan Civil Parish.
Baile Ianraigh, Henry's town.
Harristown - John O'Donovan.
Harristown - Survey and Valuation Repot.
Harristown - Larkins Map.
Harreston - barret Inq. temp. Henry V111.
Harrieston - Barret Inq. temo Henry V111.
Harrieston - Inq. temp. Jac.1.
Harryeston - Inq. temp. Car.1.
Harristowne - Down Survey.
Harriestowne - Civil Survey 1654 -1656.
This townland is situated in the south of the parish. It is bounded on the north and north east by the townland of Kingstown and Great Carnuff.
It is bounded on the east by the townland of Haystown and Little Carnuff.
It is bounded on the south by by the parishes of Follistown and Brownstown.
It is bounded on the west by Athlumney parish.
It is bounded on the northwest by the townland of Ardmulchan.
It lies about 2 1/2 miles from Navan.
It contains 859 acres 20 perches, statute measure, and is the property of the Earl of Mayo. Three good bye roads pass through it.
Archaeological INventory of County Meath, compiled by Michael J. Moore, (Dublin 1987),
1273 - HARRISTOWN - OS 50:9:6 (17.8, 16.1) Not marked OD 200-300 N 9492, 4161
Field System - Rectangular fields (dims. c. 30m by 20m) defined by ditches covering c. 4 acres. SMR 50:18 19/3/1984